Preparation 20 minutes
Cooking 20 minutes
225g Leerdammer Original Block, grated
2 tbsp olive oil
500g lean beef mince
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
400g tinned chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato purée
150ml beef stock
2 tsp dried oregano
225g rigatoni pasta
200g crème fraiche
1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the mince and cook
over a high heat for 5 minutes or until browned. Add the
onion and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, stock and oregano. Season to taste.
- Then bring to the boil, then turn the heat down to simmer. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Mix the sauce, pasta, crème fraiche, half the Leerdammer Block and nutmeg together. Spoon into a large shallow, ovenproof dish. Scatter over the remaining Leerdammer.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Tip! For a lighter version, try using Leerdammer Lightlife or Leerdammer Mature Block for a dish with a slightly stronger flavour.