Preparation 15 minutes
Cooking 40 minutes
150g Leerdammer Lightlife Block, finely grated
2 red peppers, stalk and seeds removed
5ml olive oil
2 onions, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
50g tinned tomatoes
100ml vegetable stock
- Halve the peppers. Press flat and place under a hot grill
until skin is blackened. Place in a bowl, cover in cling film
and leave to cool.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- When the peppers have cooled, remove and discard blackened skin and roughly chop the flesh.
- Add the peppers and tinned tomatoes to the pan.
- Stir in the stock, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Purée the soup and pour back into a clean saucepan and gently heat through.
- Pour the soup into warmed bowls and divide the Leerdammer between the 4 bowls, sprinkling it on top in a small pile.
Tip! Try using torn up pieces of Leerdammer Lightlife slices as an alternative.