This recipe has been made by food writer, stylist and cook Rosie Birkett. She has partnered with us to created her favourite ways to cook with Leerdammer. Enjoy!
Baguette with marinated courgette, ricotta and Leerdammer
- 1 courgette, cut lengthways into strips, thicker than ribbons
- Sprig of thyme
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice
- 1 small sourdough or ciabatta baguette
- 2 tbsp ricotta
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- A handful of sundried tomatoes, chopped
- Tsp good quality runny blossom honey
- A handful of rocket
- 4 slices of Leerdammer
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat and scatter with a little sea salt. In batches, grill the courgette strips for a few mins each side, turning over once charred and softened. Place in a bowl. Whisk together 2 tbsp olive oil, a pinch of salt, the leaves from the thyme sprig and the juice and zest of ½ a lemon. Pour this over the courgette and allow to sit for 30 mins.
- Cut the baguette in half with a bread knife. Drizzle both halves with a little olive oil, then mash the garlic into the ricotta with some black pepper and spread one half of the baguette with it.
- Top with the sundried tomatoes and marinated courgettes, followed by a drizzle of honey, the Leerdammer slices and rocket. Top with the other half of baguette and slice in half.