This recipe has been made by food writer, stylist and cook Rosie Birkett. She has partnered with us to created her favourite ways to cook with Leerdammer. Enjoy!
Pork & Fennel Burger with Leerdammer
Makes 4 -6 patties
- 400g pork mince (I like at least 20% fat)
- 20g breadcrumbs
- Tsp fennel seeds
- Tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp dried red chilli
- Tsp sea salt
- 1/2 bulb fennel, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Leaves from 2 sprigs thyme
- Tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Tbsp crème fraiche or natural yoghurt
- Zest and juice of 1/2 unwaxed lemon
- Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Handful of baby gem lettuce
- 1/2 red onion
- In a dry frying pan, toast the spices for a min or until aromatic. Remove from the heat and blitz in a blender until coarsely chopped. Remove and set aside.
- Place the fennel, onion, and garlic in a blender and blitz until you have a paste.
- Heat 1.5 tbsp olive oil over a medium heat. Fry the fennel paste and thyme with a pinch of salt for a few mins, until softened and aromatic.
- Place the pork mince in a bowl with the breadcrumbs, add the spices, salt, fennel mix, chilli crème fraiche, parsley, lemon zest and juice and mustard and work in with your hands until thoroughly incorporated, then mould into 6 balls and lightly press to form patties.
- Sandwich between layers of greaseproof paper and refrigerate for at least 30 mins. Barbecue for 8 mins on each side, then top with the Leerdammer slices and flash through an oven at 180 fan for 6 mins.