This recipe has been made by food writer, stylist and cook Rosie Birkett. She has partnered with us to created her favourite ways to cook with Leerdammer. Enjoy!
Makes 1 sandwich:
- 1 piece of fresh focaccia large enough for a sandwich (about 80-100g) – I like the rosemary and sea salt focaccia
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large vine tomato, sliced
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Tbsp good quality basil pesto
- 3 slices of prosciutto
- ½ ball of mozzarella, sliced
- A few fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
1.Place the tomato slices in a bowl with a generous pinch of salt, grind of black pepper and chilli flakes and a slosh of olive oil.
2.Toss to combine and allow to sit for 10 mins. Slice the focaccia in half and drizzle both undersides with a little olive oil.
3.Spread the layer of bread that will form the top of the sandwich with pesto. On the bottom layer, place the Leerdammer slices, followed the prosciutto, tomatoes, basil, and finally the mozzarella. Press down lightly with your hand and slice in half.