Enjoy as a healthy sandwich filling or topping idea with friends. Prep Time: 25 minutes
Ciabatta with aubergine, tomato, pesto & Leerdammer
- 1 small aubergine, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 tomato
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 ciabatta bread
- 1-2 tbsps olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to season
- 1 slice Leerdammer® Original
- Sprinkle the chopped aubergine with salt and place in a colander to allow the moisture to drain out, for about 10 minutes. After 10 minutes squeeze it out, pat dry with kitchen paper
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the garlic and the aubergine until golden brown. Season, then let to cool.
- Peel a vine-ripened tomato, chop it and mix with the coriander and with the aubergine mixture.
- Cut the ciabatta bread into slices, the spread with the aubergine/tomato/coriander mixture and top with a folded piece of Leerdammer® Original.