This recipe has been made by food writer, stylist and cook Rosie Birkett. She has partnered with us to created her favourite ways to cook with Leerdammer. Enjoy!
- 100g quinoa
- 1 bay leaf
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 2 spring onions
- 1 stick of celery, very finely chopped
- 1 green chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- Tbsp pumpkin seeds, popped in a dry frying pan
- A handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sherry vinegar
- 4 slices Leerdammer
- 4-6 large field, closed cup or breakfast mushrooms
- 40g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1.Cook the quinoa in 250ml boiling, salted water with a bay leaf, until puffed, but still retaining bite.
2.Spread the quinoa over a plate to cool and squeeze over the lemon juice. In a bowl, mix the spring onions, celery, green chilli, pumpkin seeds, lemon zest and parsley and mix in the cooled quinoa. Whisk together the olive oil and sherry vinegar, pour over, season and stir. Set aside.
3.Mash the garlic and black pepper into the butter and spread all over the mushrooms.
4.Set your grill to the highest setting, then grill the mushrooms for 3-5 mins, until concentrating and giving up their moisture. Remove from the grill, fill with the quinoa mix, top with the Leerdammer and then set them under the grill, until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Serve with a well dressed, peppery salad such as watercress.